When you’re totally bored of plain old oatmeal, make these blueberry oatmeal breakfast bars. These bars are perfect for those times when just a smoothie won’t cut it. With chia seeds, sunflower seeds, whole grain oats and a scoop of my favorite plant based protein powder Ekopura.
With loads of fiber, plant protein, omega’s, vitamins and minerals. Another one to enjoy
* 1 ripe banana, mashed
* 1/4 cup maple syrup/agave nectar)
* 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
* 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil * 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
* 1 scoop plant based protein powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
* 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
* 2 tablespoons chia seeds
* 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 2 tablespoons maple syrup/agave nectar
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice * 1 cup fresh blueberries
* 1/4 cup crushed almonds
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9in square pan with parchment paper the options is to lightly grease it with nonstick spray or coconut oil.
* In a mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, mix the banana, brown rice syrup, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla extract until smooth. Mix in the oats, protein powder, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Mixture will be wet. Transfer the base layer into the square pan. Smooth it out with a spatula and press down evenly. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
* In the same mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the topping layer until well combined. Remove the pan from oven.
* Pour topping layer over and spread it out evenly, pressing it down into the base layer. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Allow the bars to cool and set for 15-20 minutes before slicing the squares.