Kale you so much! Just an afternoon snack or lunch. A different idea of 🥑 on your toast but this time with marinated kale. Of all the greens, kale is the 👑. Kale is related to vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens and brussels sprouts. Raw kale contains:
Vitamin A, K, C, B6, Manganese, Calcium, Copper, Potassium and Magnesium. It’s contains fiber and protein and has a low percentage of fat but a large portion of the fat is omega-3 fatty acid called alpha linolenic acid. A lot of people also add kale to their smoothies in order to boost the nutritional value. At the end of the day, kale is definitely one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet. If you want to dramatically boost the amount of nutrients you take in, consider loading up on kale! ———————————————————
1 cup shredded kale (no stems)
1 teaspoon olive oil
4 slices multigrain bread, 4 oz total
salt and black pepper
4 ounces avocado (1 small haas)
1/8 teaspoon cumin
4 thin slices radish
1 teaspoon chia seeds
* In a bowl combine the kale, olive oil, juice of 1/4 lemon and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
* Massage with your hands for about 1 minute, until the kale softens.
* Slice the avocado in half, reserving 1/2 of one avocado for thin slices. Scoop the rest into a small bowl and mash with a fork. Season with 1/8 tsp salt, black pepper and juice from 1/4 of a lemon.
* Toast the slices of whole wheat bread.
* Spread the avocado mash across the toasted bread, top with slices and sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper (more lemon juice if desired).
* Top each with the massaged kale, radish and chia, finish with pinch salt and black pepper to taste